- Flite Test crew approved including their exclusive trim scheme design
- Integrated high-visibility LED lights feature 100+ color, sequence and timing combinations
- Fully-molded horizontal tail for improved durability, performance and LED integration
- Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance in windy and high lift conditions
- Optional-use SAFE® Select technology makes it even easier to fly than ever before
- Transparent canopy hatch is magnetic to offer easy battery compartment access
- Bolt-on, two-piece wing with carbon-fiber wing joiner rigidity
- 30A ESC plus a high-power brushless motor with folding prop
- Lightweight and durable composite reinforced EPO construction
- No glue required for assembly–can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
Needed to Complete
- Full-range, 5+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
- 1300–2200mAh 3S LiPo flight battery
- Compatible LiPo charger
What’s in the box?
- (1) Night Radian FT 2.0m BNF Basic
- (1) Spektrum™ AR636 with AS3X® and SAFE® Select Technologies
- (1) 30A Brushless ESC
- (2) 9-Gram Micro Servo
- (1) Brushless Outrunner
- (1) User Manual
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
This Bind-N-Fly® Basic model is equipped with an AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) receiver that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a larger and expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first motor glider, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It also helps keep the airplane level when hand-launching and landing.
Easy Switch Assignment-No Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn’t require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
Integrated LED Lighting
Embedded into the airframe is a factory-installed LED light system that practically provides even better orientation than when flying in daylight. Multi-colored light strings operate through a built-in controller that offers 100+ different color, sequence and timing combinations, and are conveniently powered by a 3S 1350-2200mAh flight battery. You can even use the onboard switch to turn them off when flying in daylight.
Flite Test Approved
The original Radian® 2-meter motor glider was already popular in the Flite Test community, so E-flite and the Flite Test crew partnered together on the Night Radian FT to finalize its unique capabilities and appearance–including the exclusive, Flight Test-designed trim scheme. The result is a more versatile aircraft that almost any RC pilot can appreciate and enjoy flying.
Lightweight & Tough
The redesigned horizontal stabilizer is fully-molded to feature an airfoil shaped cross-section and integrated LED lighting. Construction with composite reinforced, molded EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe that delivers a unique airplane that’s easy to maintain and offers the best flight experience possible.
The efficient, factory-installed power system features a 30A ESC with brake, a powerful brushless outrunner motor and a folding two-blade propeller that delivers incredible climb performance and long flight times on everything from a compact 3S 1350mAh up to a 3S 2200mAh LiPo battery.
No glue is required for final assembly and the Night Radian FT motor glider can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery. The two-piece, bolt-on wing featuring a carbon-fiber wing tube makes field assembly/disassembly, plus transportation and storage, easy and convenient.